The implementation UAE Golden Visa has generated quite a buzz in the ex-pats community in the country. UAE Golden Visa is viewed as similar to securing permanent residency in the United Arab Emirates. The number of ex-pat residents and the investment in the country are breaking records every year.
The new Golden Visa UAE changes that are implemented will propel the United Arab Emirates’ position as the business and investment hub of the world.
We are here to clear all your doubts about the Golden Visa from the application process to the benefits and more:
- What is UAE Golden Visa?
The Golden Visa is a renewable long-term residency visa scheme in the country. Applying for Golden Visa UAE is reserved for certain categories ranging from investors to individuals with exceptional talents.
This scheme enables foreign talents to live, work or study in the UAE for up to 10 years.
The Golden Visa system will allow more ex-pats to live, work, study, invest and start their business in UAE without the support of a national sponsor.
Read More Dubai update Visa rules
What are the new changes and benefits of having a Golden Visa?
So, let’s start with the benefits of having a golden Visa in the UAE
- First and foremost is the ability to maintain a long-term, renewable residence visa valid for up to 10 years.
- It is a self-sponsored visa.
- The golden Visa holder can stay outside of the UAE for any amount of time without having their visa canceled.
- A golden Visa holder can sponsor their family members, including spouse visa and Child visa Dubai regardless of their age and gender.
- Golden Visa holders can enter and stay in UAE for up to six months with multiple entries being allowed until the issuance of residency permits
From the month of September 2022, the new reforms are to be implemented and these changes will attract more candidates for the Golden Visa UAE application. Some of the new additions to the eligibility list are students, skilled workers professionals, specialists, and exceptional talents.
The new changes will also provide with
- Additional entry permits before the residence visa are issued.
- Visas to accommodate tourists, job seekers, friends, business travelers, and relatives of UAE residents wishing to enter the country.
- An extended grace period of up to six months in case of expiry or cancellation of the Visa
- Golden Visa holders will be able to sponsor an unlimited number of domestic workers.
- Family members can stay in the UAE until the end of their permit duration in case the Golden Visa primary holder passes away.
- For the investors, the threshold for real estate and property investment has been lowered to AED 2 million from AED 5 million.
Additionally, there are Emirate-specific Golden Visa benefits which are stated below.
- Dubai Golden Visa benefits are:
- 10-year residency Golden Visa will be granted to outstanding ex-pat students and their families in the event of their stay in UAE.
- Foreign residents in Dubai with a golden visa and a driving license from their native country can take the UAE driver’s test without any extra lessons.
- Additionally, the golden visa holders who have a license from one of 32 approved countries, including the US, the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Qatar, Kuwait, etc. will consequently be qualified for a UAE driver’s permit.
- Esaad privilege card privileges. The card will be provided free to all the holders of 5-year and 10-year Golden Visa Dubai.
Abu Dhabi Golden Visa Benefits are:
The Abu Dhabi Resident’s office has teamed up with companies across a range of industries to offer benefits, incentives, and discounts for the golden visa holders in Abu Dhabi.
Golden Visa holders from Abu Dhabi are entitled to offers and discounts on
- Cars: price reductions on cars and will receive priority booking for new releases, in addition to special payment facilities, maintenance offers, and licensing services.
- Abu Dhabi Golden Visa holders are entitled to discounts on selected properties from developer IMKAN Properties.
- Hospitality: the golden visa holders will receive special offers for stays at selected hotels, dining, spa treatments, and gyms.
- Health care and Health insurance: Will get reduced premiums on annual health insurance plans for individuals and families, with benefits like diverse network coverage both inside and outside the UAE
- Banking services: Real estate golden visa investors in Abu Dhabi will get reduced mortgage fixed-interest rates and non-real estate investors attractive rates on savings accounts from banks like First Abu Dhabi Bank (FAB)and Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB).
Golden Visa UAE price and validity
The cost largely depends on the type of service and visa category.
For individuals applying from the UAE, the cost is between AED 2,800 and AED 3,800. For individuals applying outside the country will be charged between AED 3,800 and AED 4,800.
The UAE Golden Visa holder can stay outside UAE for as long as they need without worrying about losing their residency. As mentioned above the golden visa must be renewed every 5 to 10 years depending upon the Visa approved for the individual.