When you think of Austin, what’s the first thing that comes to mind? Probably the Warehouse District or Barton Springs. But, if you’re looking for a more exciting option, head downtown to some of the best restaurants in town. From casual spots that offer healthier fare to high-end restaurants with cutting-edge menus, there’s something for everyone in downtown Austin. So whether you’re in the mood for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, read on for our list of the 10 best restaurants in downtown Austin.
List of 10 Best Places to Eat in Downtown Austin
If you’re looking for a delicious and affordable meal in downtown Austin, check out these 10 restaurants.
- The DailyPunch – This sandwich shop is perfect for lunch or dinner. They have a variety of sandwiches, salads, and desserts that are all reasonably priced.
- Portus – Best Italian food in Downtown Austin, hands down. They have delicious pasta dishes, pizza, salads, and even gelato!
- Cenote – This Mexican restaurant has some of the best margaritas! They also serve up some delicious tacos and burritos.
- El Mercado – This Mexican restaurant is a must-try if you’re looking for some authentic Mexican cuisine. They have an extensive menu and great prices too!
- The Rail Yard – If you’re looking for something more substantial than a sandwich, try out The Rail Yard for some amazing burgers and fries!
- Durty Dog Tavern & Burger Joint – If you’re in the mood for some good ol’ fashioned American comfort food, head over to Durty Dog Tavern & Burger Joint!
- Lucky’s Cantina – This restaurant serves fresh Mex cuisine that will leave you satisfied (and lucky). You can’t go wrong with anything on their menu!
- La Condesa – Another great Mexican restaurant that offers an extensive menu with a variety of items to choose from. Their margaritas are also legendary!
Downtown Austin is a thriving district with plenty of eateries to choose from. From steak houses to sushi bars, there’s something for everyone in this area. We’ve covered you whether you’re looking for a casual meal or an upscale dining experience. So whether you’re visiting downtown for business or pleasure, check out some of the best restaurants!
What are some of the best restaurants in downtown Austin?
There are many great restaurants downtown Austin, but some of our favorites include Fig & Olive, Wiley’s Grill, and The Monkey House.
All three restaurants offer unique experiences you won’t find anywhere else in the city. Fig & Olive is a Mediterranean-style eatery with an extensive wine list and delicious food options that change frequently.
Wiley’s Grill offers classic American cuisine with a twist, and their outdoor patio is one of the nicest spots in town to enjoy a meal.
The Monkhouse is a contemporary restaurant with an extensive wine list and delicious food options that change frequently. Whether you’re looking for an intimate dinner for two or a large gathering place for groups, downtown Austin has a great restaurant option.
Ey House is known for its inventive cocktails and unique menu items, including breakfast tacos made with house-made biscuits and gravy.
No matter what your taste buds are craving, there’s a good chance you can find a great restaurant in downtown Austin that will satisfy your cravings.
Read More about healthy foods